We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

10 Year Fixed 4.79%. Will it go lower.

Skipton were doing a 10 year fixed last month at 4.79%. Now that the rate has dropped even lower does anybody think that this rate is likely to go even lower.

Many thanks

Comments

  • Cat695
    Cat695 Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    fix rates normally follow the LIBOR rate and not the BOE....they are still doing that rate but with 60%LTV....5.14% with 75%LTV
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have failed to plan properly


    I've only ever been wrong once! and that was when I thought I was wrong but I was right
  • LULULU1
    LULULU1 Posts: 462 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Is anybody doing anything better than this.

    If you dont ask you dont know.

    Many thanks
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    LULULU1 wrote: »
    Is anybody doing anything better than this.

    !!?? doing anything??
  • LULULU1
    LULULU1 Posts: 462 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Better than the Skipton rate is what I meant.
  • cceg
    cceg Posts: 111 Forumite
    I think C&G were doing a 3.99 but you had to be a very good customer of theirs to get it.

    I think most are not doing 10 years because of the current state, most are only offering 2 or 3 years.
    We got a 10 year back in July with 5.8 which i considered and still consider to be good. At the end of the day I'm still going to be paying 5.8 in 8 years time, what about everyone else? I just like knowing what i am going to be paying. Once my 10 years are up, thats me done :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.