We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What should my monthly fee be?

We took out a lifetime tracker at 0.5% above the base rate 75% LTV in August 2006 - borrowed £123750 from Woolwich.

As you all know the Woolwich recalculate annually so we are currently overpaying and the amount is £743 per month.

I'm hopeless at working these things out, so I was wondering what the actual figure we would pay at 1.5% as I want to know by how much we are overpaying.

Thanks in advance

Comments

  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    It depends what term your mortgage is over ?

    i assume it's all on capital and interest as well ?
    ... as that will make a difference if it isn't
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Sorry, its over 25 years, so we have 22 years and 7 months left to pay and its a repayment mortgage
  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    sheltster wrote: »
    Sorry, its over 25 years, so we have 22 years and 7 months left to pay and its a repayment mortgage

    I can only do quotes on full years, but it comes out at £550.63 over 22 years, or £530.43 over 23 years...............so let's call it £540 :cool:
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • I make it about £510 per month. It's an approximation because I've estimated 5% for 27 months.

    You could search for locoblade's mortgage calculator if you want a better idea.

    GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.