We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Yorkshire Bank - offset mortgage
kdmbudd
Posts: 16 Forumite
Hi
Have been looking at mortgages for a while (whilst trying to buy a house) in particularly at offset mortgages as I don't work all the time so are more flexible for me to pay when I can and just pay interest when I can't.
I have just come across what seems to be a really good deal with Yorkshire Bank with up to 90% ltv, lending criteria based on an approximate of joint salary x 3.5, £999 arrangement fee and a variable rate of only 4.74
Please could people give me any thoughts on this, in particular about Yorkshire Bank whom I know nothing about.
Thanks
K:think:
Have been looking at mortgages for a while (whilst trying to buy a house) in particularly at offset mortgages as I don't work all the time so are more flexible for me to pay when I can and just pay interest when I can't.
I have just come across what seems to be a really good deal with Yorkshire Bank with up to 90% ltv, lending criteria based on an approximate of joint salary x 3.5, £999 arrangement fee and a variable rate of only 4.74
Please could people give me any thoughts on this, in particular about Yorkshire Bank whom I know nothing about.
Thanks
K:think:
0
Comments
-
I am looking at exactly the same deal! Was a bit worried about it being variable rate just as I cant see the rates going down much more now, but its by far the best with a 90% mortgage that i've seen and I quite like the idea of offset mortgages too.
i have spoken to yorkshire bank and they have confirmed the deal, as long as you dont go over the 90% threshold.
So yeah if anyone has anymore information on this or other criteria that would be helpful (or even other suggestions), not sure about thread owner but personally I need this mortgage yesterday!! nightmare!!!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards