We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Re morgage
learning1
Posts: 3 Newbie
I am mortgage free on the house I live in and also a house i rent.
I need £60,000 to extend my house can you advise what you think I should do please ?
1 Get a mortgage on the house I rent (get somthing back from the tax man)at todays low rates and pay off in about 10 years ?
2 Cash in all my cash Isa's and stick about £ 10,000 on an interst free credit card and keep transfering until paid (about 2 years) ?
or any other suggestions.
Thanks
I need £60,000 to extend my house can you advise what you think I should do please ?
1 Get a mortgage on the house I rent (get somthing back from the tax man)at todays low rates and pay off in about 10 years ?
2 Cash in all my cash Isa's and stick about £ 10,000 on an interst free credit card and keep transfering until paid (about 2 years) ?
or any other suggestions.
Thanks
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards