We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Can I get any Mortgage Fees Back?
milo11
Posts: 20 Forumite
Im not sure if I can claim can any one advise? I have had my mortgage for 6 years with northern rock, and in that time we had a two year deal which after this finished we had a repayment fixed rate for 5 years. in this time we have remortgaged money and on a seperate occasion went intrest only. Does this fall under the catergory of allowing us to claim anything back, I wasnt sure, and northern rock was not helpful (suprisingly!)
0
Comments
-
Do you mean fees for arranging the mortgage and admin charges for making changes to your mortgage? Both are perfectly legal as long as they are in your T&Cs. Check 'em to make sure but I would have thought they would be legit.0
-
Does this fall under the catergory of allowing us to claim anything back
No. You are attempting to claim back valid retail charges. You bought a deal and you knew the terms before you purchased the product. No different to you buying any other product.I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards