We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Should I move my mortgage. Paying 6.19% with Chelsea
Dan_Morgan
Posts: 12 Forumite
Hi
I have 17y10m remaining on my mortgage. The current outstanding amount is circa 56k. The mortgage is with The Chelsea and it's fixed at 6.19% until October 2012.
Early repayment charges are 3k.
Would I be better off moving to another provider? I have 4k in an ISA and could easily have a few thousand in my current account at any one time. I'm considering an offset mortgage such as http://www.firstdirect.com/mortgages/offset-overview.shtml
My current repayments are £440/month. I could pay more than this a month, I would like to try and get the mortgage paid off in the next 5 to 10 years.
Does anybody have any advice?
Many Thanks
Dan
I have 17y10m remaining on my mortgage. The current outstanding amount is circa 56k. The mortgage is with The Chelsea and it's fixed at 6.19% until October 2012.
Early repayment charges are 3k.
Would I be better off moving to another provider? I have 4k in an ISA and could easily have a few thousand in my current account at any one time. I'm considering an offset mortgage such as http://www.firstdirect.com/mortgages/offset-overview.shtml
My current repayments are £440/month. I could pay more than this a month, I would like to try and get the mortgage paid off in the next 5 to 10 years.
Does anybody have any advice?
Many Thanks
Dan
0
Comments
-
Are you allowed to overpay each month/ year your mortgage with Chelsea ?
Call them and ask
Its going to cost you over 6% of your mortgage to move lender plus remortgage costs on TOP so you would need one hell of a rate and it to stay low for a few years.
Check out the overpayment thing first0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
