We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
UCB Variable rate
ftehfe
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello,
I have a 5.64% Loyalty 2 year flexible fixed rate mortgage with UCB Homeloans. The Fixed period ended 31st Jan 09. UCB sent me a letter that from Feb I will be on Basic Mortgage Payment (4.79%).
I was checking today on Nationwide web site and they say that their Base Mortgage Rate is guaranteed to be no more than 2% above base rate. Should not my interest rate be 3.5%(not taking into account todays 0.5% cut) instead of the 4.79% they are charging or nationwide is different from UCB in terms of products!
Thanks for help
I have a 5.64% Loyalty 2 year flexible fixed rate mortgage with UCB Homeloans. The Fixed period ended 31st Jan 09. UCB sent me a letter that from Feb I will be on Basic Mortgage Payment (4.79%).
I was checking today on Nationwide web site and they say that their Base Mortgage Rate is guaranteed to be no more than 2% above base rate. Should not my interest rate be 3.5%(not taking into account todays 0.5% cut) instead of the 4.79% they are charging or nationwide is different from UCB in terms of products!
Thanks for help
0
Comments
-
UCB Homeloans are using the Nationwide name when they want to appear as a big company, but they are run completely differently when they want to. They are not Nationwide, but a subsidury of Nationwide, but I might check what my paperwork states now!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards