We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Trackers, collars and the new rate...
matimage
Posts: 558 Forumite
Hi All,
I have a tracker with the Earl Shilton. It has a collar of 3%. They sent me a letter a while saying that the collar is 3% and thats that. Even though lots of other companies are removing or lowering their collars.
Thats fine I thought, thats what I signed up for just over a year ago. I was happy then and had signed the contract.
However, we now live in a very different world from a year ago. And with the latest interest rate cuts I am getting sweet fanny adams from my savings and my mortgage payments are not going down to try and balance this out.
Is it worth giving them a call or writing a letter to see if they may be considering amending the collar?
Now I think the odds are they will tell me to get stuffed, thats the mortgage I signed for so tough titty matey boy.
Now I know there is no such thing as loyalty in the mortgage game anymore so is it even worth asking? But if enough people ask would they feel inclined to review the collar?
I have a tracker with the Earl Shilton. It has a collar of 3%. They sent me a letter a while saying that the collar is 3% and thats that. Even though lots of other companies are removing or lowering their collars.
Thats fine I thought, thats what I signed up for just over a year ago. I was happy then and had signed the contract.
However, we now live in a very different world from a year ago. And with the latest interest rate cuts I am getting sweet fanny adams from my savings and my mortgage payments are not going down to try and balance this out.
Is it worth giving them a call or writing a letter to see if they may be considering amending the collar?
Now I think the odds are they will tell me to get stuffed, thats the mortgage I signed for so tough titty matey boy.
Now I know there is no such thing as loyalty in the mortgage game anymore so is it even worth asking? But if enough people ask would they feel inclined to review the collar?
Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:
0
Comments
-
That's why they have these clauses - because they know the world can change!I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?0
-
So suck it up and deal with it?Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:0
-
Nothing to stop you asking but why would they remove the collar? There is zero incentive for them to do so.0
-
Exactly. So why have the other companies removed theirs?Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:0
-
No answers forthcoming? Oh well...Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:0
-
Because they can afford to. Or perhaps they have decided to hit savers harder to subsidise the drop. Different business models and objectives will see different outcomes to the rates.So why have the other companies removed theirs?I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.0 -
so not worth chasing then?Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:0
-
You can always ask? What's the worst that they can say to you - No? But if you don't ask, you'll never know.0
-
Hmm, I guess, fingers crossed!Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:0
-
Banks set the terms of the mortgages at head office on bulk. The chances of them creating a one off mortage package to suit you is highly remote.I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
