We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Change from fixed mortgage to varaiable/capped???
jogwood_2
Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi this is just a general 'wonder'! I am currently in a fixed C & G mortgage until 31 Dec 2010 (5.97%), and I was wondering if I should remain on this or think about switching. With the interest rates dropping as they are, I feel I am missing out on the benefits of this with all other bills getting bigger, etc. I would have some penalties to pay also.
Does anyone have any advice?? Is it wiser to just stay put??
Thanks
Does anyone have any advice?? Is it wiser to just stay put??
Thanks
0
Comments
-
You need to find out what Early Repayment Charge you'd be facing, and also factor in the arrangement fees on any new mortgage you set up. Work out how much money you'd save per month on a new deal, and then see if the maths adds up.
5.97% isn't that bad a rate overall so depending on the size of your mortgage there may not be any savings to make.0 -
you need to do the sums involved.
BMR may not be available to you with a new provider and you'd have to check with C&G to see if they're happy for you to go onto their BMR too0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
