We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Swift First Mortgage
mmcourt
Posts: 128 Forumite
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me. Swift have never passed any interest rate cuts on to their mortgage customers. My mortgage is currently around £1500.00 a month for £175000 mortgage. We are on IS and recieveing DLA and Carers Allowance. The DSS are paying only £300.00 per month because they said that only £60000 of my mortgage was for home purchase (thats another story!!!). Is there anything I can do, its ridiculous and unfair. I did get them to halve my payments for 2 months but on the second month they applied for the full amount leaving me with an unpaid direct debit in my bank and most likely a mark on my mortgage statement. I am in no arrears. Please help.
Winnings 2009: Rimmel Pro Lycra Nail Polish.
Mars Football, A Crunchie Bar
Mars Football, A Crunchie Bar
0
Comments
-
I am afraid this will be of no help to you but it sounds as if you are on a fixed rate mortgage................................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym0
-
Robert_Sterling wrote: »I am afraid this will be of no help to you but it sounds as if you are on a fixed rate mortgage.
Hello Robert, No I am on the Variable Rate mortgage. My deal ended in September last year. This is what I cant understand.Winnings 2009: Rimmel Pro Lycra Nail Polish.
Mars Football, A Crunchie Bar0 -
Just found out because of the interest rates dropping, the dss have now reduced my help with my mortgage interest by £100.00.
I cant cope with this. Somebody somewhere has to be able to tell me what I can do.;
Please?Winnings 2009: Rimmel Pro Lycra Nail Polish.
Mars Football, A Crunchie Bar0 -
Just found out because of the interest rates dropping, the dss have now reduced my help with my mortgage interest by £100.00. I cant cope with this. Somebody somewhere has to be able to tell me what I can do.;Please?
Contact the right people to help you, this is Shelter's website which is a good place to start.........hope it helps
http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_topics/repossession/mortgage_arrears/new_measures_to_help_with_mortgage_arrears0 -
Contact the right people to help you, this is Shelter's website which is a good place to start.........hope it helps
http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_topics/repossession/mortgage_arrears/new_measures_to_help_with_mortgage_arrears
Thank you feisty,
I am trying to speak to someone in the DSS as they are only paying the interest on £60000 because they say that the rest of the money was not used for home improvements (even though they did get reciepts).
I give up on everything to be honest. Its like your fighting a war with the government all the time as well as those who have a law onto themselves.Winnings 2009: Rimmel Pro Lycra Nail Polish.
Mars Football, A Crunchie Bar0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards