Paying for your own CRB check

Options
13»

Comments

• WASHER
    WASHER Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    I have been CRB checked, I pop into the school to read with children every now and then. (it was paid for by the school).

My husband lost his job a few years ago and I decided to take work as a care assistant - I have the relevant experience etc and a current CRB. That wasn't good enough, despite the CRB only being done 12 months before, the care home insisted that a new CRB check was done and I was to pay for it....they were begging for staff at the care home and still are, I wouldn't pay for something I already had.
  • loulou123
    loulou123 Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    Options
    I had to pay for my CRB check, once it was confirmed i had the job. (they took it half out of 1st and 2nd months wages as i didnt have the money to pay it upfront.) To be honest it didnt bother me, as i was just glad to have a job!

I was aware that most places do cover the cost tho, but was told that they CRB check alot of applicants and then they decide they dont want the job after a few weeks or have found another one by the time the CRB check comes back, so the company has wasted its money, so now they charge the individual. Although its abit anoying this does make sense to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure