Will writing recommendations. Banks?

Options
Hi all,
I'm being alittle cheeky and asking before doing much research on the matter yet!

I wish to write a will. Mainly because I going travelling this year and just in case the worst case scenario happens. Anyway, I know nothing about the process of writing a will.

I do not have much to include; mostly savings/investments and my car! (Thats it really). My immediate family is my mother, father and brother. There may be a couple of friends that I might like to include but considering there ain't that much....(the parents are old so I'm not sure if giving them money to add to their estate which in turn would then probably get hit with inheritance tax? when passed to my brother.......)

I've heard that some of the banks do free will writing? Do they do that here? Bank of Ireland? Ulster Bank? Nationwide? Or how much is it likely to cost to go to a solicitor? Any recommendations?

Many thanks.

Comments

• GoFigure
    Options
    A local solicitor is probably your best best - shop around for a price and don't pay more than £70-£100 for a straightforward single will.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure