I can't believe it

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
3 replies 615 views
bookem78bookem78 Forumite
5 Posts
So today I was just browsing through my accounts when I noticed that I had been charged twice for being over drawn in November. I called my bank the Natwest and asked what was going. They informed me that the 28 pound charge was for going over drawn (which is fair enough) and then they said that the other 30 pound charge was for honouring the direct debit. Well I have not been over drawn for a long time. The only reason it happened this time was because the Royal Sun Alliance took money of the accoutn with out telling me. Anyway 58 pounds for being over drawn for a few days seems absolutley outrageous. Unsure what to do:rolleyes:.

Please help

Replies

• is this your first ever charge when not give em another ring and ask if they will refund it as a good will gesture
    :mad: still waiting on halifax claim

:mad: i hate csa
  • Yes this is the first time I have been over drawn on this account and I did give them a call and they were having none of it. Not surprising really when they have lost so much money. So I am going to complain to Royal Sun Alliance as they were the one's that took the money when they should not have. So I hope this will be a better route.
  • I'm pleased that you are going to pursue this with royal sun alliance as from the sounds of op this was their error, not yours or the banks.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals