We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
debt free wannabe......urgent help needed
b21playa
Posts: 80 Forumite
Hi all
This is the situation so far, might be a bit long
2 years ago I borrowed some money off a mate and now its time to return the cash, all £9k off it. I have around £8k cash, but I owe bank £2k and I need to buy a car.
I need to borrow around £5k, nothing much to secure it against as Im living with my parents. Max 2yr loan.
What are my options?
Thanks all
This is the situation so far, might be a bit long
2 years ago I borrowed some money off a mate and now its time to return the cash, all £9k off it. I have around £8k cash, but I owe bank £2k and I need to buy a car.
I need to borrow around £5k, nothing much to secure it against as Im living with my parents. Max 2yr loan.
What are my options?
Thanks all
0
Comments
-
I guess it depends on who you feel more loyal to2 years ago I borrowed some money off a mate and now its time to return the cash, all £9k off it. I have around £8k cash, but I owe bank £2k and I need to buy a car.
If you already have a car, can you not manage with it until you have enough saved again to purchase another one?Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.
All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional0 -
I guess it depends on who you feel more loyal to

If you already have a car, can you not manage with it until you have enough saved again to purchase another one?
I really need to pay the money back, so a loan it has to be.
Im car-less at the moment and need one for work.
Any recommendations of cheap loans?0 -
Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.
All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards