Consent to Rent on a Residential Mortgage?

Options
I bought a flat recently and am now considering not moving in to it as they have started laying people off where I work. My mortgage is with HSBC on a tracker and the rate is quite low for the present. Im half anticpating that they might invoke some rule or say that it cannot be done without being stung for a hefty re-arrnagment fee or increase in rates.

Any suggestions greatly welcomed...

Comments

• rl290
    rl290 Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Depends on the lender. I am with A&L and they had no problem giving me permission to let (there was just a £90 admin fee). If you don't ask, you don't get!
  • Mithos
    Mithos Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rboltonuk wrote: »
    I bought a flat recently and am now considering not moving in to it as they have started laying people off where I work. My mortgage is with HSBC on a tracker and the rate is quite low for the present. Im half anticpating that they might invoke some rule or say that it cannot be done without being stung for a hefty re-arrnagment fee or increase in rates.

Any suggestions greatly welcomed...

Check your paperwork. Somewhere there should be a list of their fees.

Some providers also wack on a loading of some sort onto the rate as its a" residential letting", they get a bit funny about you making a potential profit from them lending you money for a property you intended to live in. :p. Depends what HSBC are like!
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you repost this on the mortgage board, you may get a better response.
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport