Full and final offers -please help!

I've got an old t-mobile account that I'm thinking of making one of these offers on and I really need some advice about how much etc. The original debt was about £150 but it's escalated to just over £400 with costs etc. To be honest, it's registered at an old address and I haven't had anything for it for ages and ages - it's 2 years old now. I don't want to wait for another 4 years to get it off my file so could anyone help? How much do you think I should offer? Or should I write them a letter offering a monthly amount?

Comments

• Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    The defaults will still stay on your file for another 4 years even if you repay it in full.
  • carlih1
    carlih1 Posts: 846 Forumite
    Conor wrote:
    The defaults will still stay on your file for another 4 years even if you repay it in full.

But if you pay it off it will show as settled on your file, although this won't help it much it is a step in the right direction.

Carli
  • blt
    blt Posts: 241 Forumite
    Is it 'better' to pay it off in full via a monthly payment plan or offer a final sum of say £100? Would my credit file show exactly the same thing. Sorry, I'm very confused!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure