i saw these at my local sainsbury
seemed very good price for someone looking for the product
it looked like
http://www.kenwoodworld.com/product_detail.php?cat=201&id=314
is it any good if some one has already used similar thing

Comments

• Dingdangdoforme
    Options
    Thats a good price, got one last week from Tesco's online for £34 or so delivered (thought that was a good price as previously the cheapest we could find it was for £45), have had a play with it and not dissapointed with it so far - particularly the juicer which is centrifugal, have been surprised by how much juice is obtained.
  • riskybusiness
    Options
    is it noisey?
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • Dingdangdoforme
    Options
    Reasonably noisy, sort of food mixer/hand blender levels, then it only requires running for a few seconds to juice the fruit.
  • kazzaw
    kazzaw Posts: 717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone seen this in the Notts area?

It's just what I'm looking for as I couldn't decide on a juicer or smoothie maker!
    :j New Year, New You = 1.5lb/12lb:j
  • Poppy_P
    Poppy_P Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    We had a similar one and used it about 4 times! Far too much faffing with cleaning etc.
  • cicobuff
    cicobuff Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Tried two Sainsbury's in the area this evening for this Smoothie Bar and unsuccessful, none on the shelves or any signs of tickets with empty spaces on the shelves either. My guess it may have just been a single store clearance, anyone else had any luck?

Ended up getting one of these Kenwoods from Comet in the end, my wife has been wanting one for a while and they had the price up for it wrong on the shelf at £39.99, scanned at the till at £49.99, guy obviously honoured the £39.99 price, so a sort of bargain...nowhere near as cheap as that elusive Sainsbury deal though. :confused:
  • riker71
    riker71 Posts: 322 Forumite
    Options
    The larger sainsburys stock more electrical goods+TV's etc which might explain why its only been mentioned in one store (so far)
  • ShadowHunter
    Options
    Just got one from the Hull store but it was £24.99 , still cheaper than Argos.
    One left on the shelf but no price ticket had to get a member of staff to check the price.
  • lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    We tried regents road and denton :( none there.
  • Rob123
    Rob123 Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone who owns a smoothie bar comment on how well the crush ice? Just about all blenders & smoothie makers say they can crush ice, but in reality most just swill the ice around a bit, chipping it a little & the result is pea size (rock hard) ice balls!

I was going to buy a blender but this might be better...certainly it has a fairly powerful motor (600w).

Any comments from blender/smoothie experts?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure