Some advise please

Options
Hi there some advise please you may or may not be able to help.Im 34 I have a partner whos 32 and we have 3 lovely kids oldest 10 and youngest 4 months.I have lived at my current address for 8 years I took out a mortgage about 5 years ago which at the time the house was 82,000.Me and my partner both work full time I work any over time if its there,my partner is still on maternity.Anyway ill cut a long story short since living in my house I have got my self me and my partner in to a lot of debt i will give you a complete run down shortley.I have reached a point now where i can still manage to pay my debts but our quality of life as in going out and just being happy isnt great.I did manage to get my debts lower by seeking advise through the CAB who were brillent and at the moment im meeting all there demands and payments.One of my debtors that is secured on my home is FIRSTPLUS dont ask me why it was the worset decision i have ever made in my life but at the time it seemed good.We are now just sick of it the debts and it taking a affect on my family life and my relationship with my partner who i love dearly and i feel now no house is worth this stress on me and my family.
Here is a list of my income and out goings

My wages per month:between £ 1450 to £1750 depending on O/T but this is thinning out.
My partner:1060 per month
Family tax £77 a month until my youngest is 12 months then its £56 and £46 family allowence a week this buys my youngest daughters milk nappies and other bits needed

Debts:
First plus :£704 per month secured on my home £60,000 loan plus £15,ppi total;£75,000 been paying this for nearly 4 years.
Abbey:£476 a month i owe them £72,000.
tsb loan£10,000 £76 a month payment plan
tsb loan £5,000 :£36 a month payment plan
tsb credit card:£2500:£24 a month payment plan
m&s card £2000:£18 a month payment plan
tsb over draft £300 :£20 a month payment plan
mbna £1100 :£18 a month
capital one£2000 :£11 a month payment plan
next£180 :£5 amonth PP
adams £200:£2 a month PP
littlewoods£ 130:£1 amonth PP
dorthy perkins £125£1 a month PP
Mother care £900 :£25 a month no payment plan
Council tax £94 a month
Car insurance 2x cars both need mine for work and partners for work £90 a month.
Gas £89 a month DD
Electric £59 a month
House and contents insurance £46 a month DD
Cable tv and internet plus phone £32
2x orange mobiles £80 1 will go in april
water £120 a year (bargin)lol
food about £160 a month
Kids snacks school youngest lad £2 for his snacks his 3 oldest about £6 a week.
Dog £8 a month
tv licence £19 a month
Days out £00.00 we never go out to skint.
Child care my motherin law has the kids when we work £260 a month (shes worth every penny)
Petrol both cars a month £100

Phew thats the lot I think there is a few areas we maybe able to cut back but to be honest I have been doing ok the last 8 months O/T so we have had some money left over but i cant ever see me getting any better I am thinking of not paying firstplus this month as they are a horrid firm and letting the ball start rolling.My partner may lose her job when she returns to work so thats not looking good and if she does with us having 3 kids I will not make her return she wants to be with our kids and my youngest daughter whos 4 months.I will be contacting the CAB on wednesday and I was looking at going Bankrupt and just trying to live my life you may think im selfish but im sick of it all and my family comes first we know what we did in regards to getting the debts was our fault but firstplus really shafted us big time.Thanks again for reading my SA of debt any advise from anyone would be great thank you again and sorry for any spelling mistakes...

Comments

• Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi

Can't help much other than to say if it's any consolation, First Plus are one of my creditors. I have an smallish (2k) unsecured loan with them and they were hell for a while. I reckon they must have spent more than the money I owe them on the 4 calls every hour to my mobile, home phone and work phone in calls alone and that's without the postage in sending snotty letters every day! So, God knows what you must be going through from them. However, since I complained, they've crawled back into the hole that the came from.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • epsilondraconis
    Options
    To make it easier for comments to be added, it's worth your while using the following SOA (statement of affairs) calculator and then pasting it within this thread. It will make it easier for everyone to read:

http://www.makesenseofcards.com/soacalc.html

Edit: The above link is available from the following thread. This may contain some more useful information for you.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=107280
  • piptom&AndyPandy
    Options
    Hi
    Can't offer much advice though my friend went bankcrupt was given time to try and raise the funds to pay off her part of the mortgage.
    All I'd say is make sure you sort yourself accomodation first!

I lost my job recently and I know how horrid it is.

I am curious though as we almost took loan with Firstplus - why are the horrid?

Pip
    x
    Looking for solutions and hoping for a miracle!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure