Ive got an issue with ASK restaurant vouchers

Options
So I come onto this site, see a link to a buy 1 get 1 free meal off the Daily Mail site. I duly print out the voucher from the site and off I go to ASK in Uxbridge (outer London).

Anyways I get there, hand over the voucher and then the manager comes over and says he cant accept the voucher as I printed it off and it needs to be an actual voucher from the Daily Mail newspaper.

Well if thats the case, why did the Daily Mail go to all the effort to make a print friendly version of the voucher and actually say 'Print this voucher out'.

I feel ripped off and should have just walked out of there, but as we needed to eat, I ended up paying full price.

Not happy ........ Money Saving Expert need to either remove the link to this offer ..... or ASK need to stop misleading people into coming into their restaurants with faux offers. :mad:

Comments

• Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bet that was an isolated incident
  • MSE_Deborah
    MSE_Deborah Posts: 134 MSE Staff
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    We have been in contact with ASK and they have confirmed that the restaurant should have honoured the print out voucher from The Daily Mail's website, and apologise for the confusion. It is now in further communication with all its branches to make sure that this does not happen again.

Hope this helps.

Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts