Excel Tests

Options
Hi

I was just wondering if anybody knew of any (free) websites that had tests in excel that you could use. I have applied for jobs with excel testing and want to practise. If anybody can help I would be really grateful.
Children need love, especially when they don't deserve it!

Comments

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TeaTree6 wrote: »
    Hi

I was just wondering if anybody knew of any (free) websites that had tests in excel that you could use. I have applied for jobs with excel testing and want to practise. If anybody can help I would be really grateful.

The ECDL have an excel test, if you know anyone with the disc.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsE wrote: »
    The ECDL have an excel test, if you know anyone with the disc.

The ECDL website does include links to example tests so there is no need to find someone with a disk.
  • TeaTree6
    TeaTree6 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that the ECDL test are smaller tests rather than one big test with lots of diffrent things covered? Only because I need practise on doing a test where everything is mixed together.
  • LittleVoice
    Options
    I stopped teaching/testing ECDL Excel a couple of years ago but I think you will find that the sample tests (I think there are two "mini" ones on the site) provide you with an Excel file and the test involves doing a series of things - like insert a column, add/correct/copy a formula, spell check, create a simple chart/graph, enter/delete text.

I'll go and have a look now - and come back and let you know whether it is still like that or whether each question is entirely separate.
  • LittleVoice
    Options
    I
    I'll go and have a look now - and come back and let you know whether it is still like that or whether each question is entirely separate.

I'm back.

Things haven't changed.

Module 4 is the one for Excel. You will find sample tests for all the modules by clicking a hyperlink on this page - http://www.ecdl.org/products/index.jsp?b=0-102&pID=108&nID=208 -
    They even provide an answer guide now.
  • TeaTree6
    Options
    Thank you LittleVoice I'll have a look a that and see how I get on!
  • Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    or the book I'm currently working on is excellent (!) Advanced ECDL - spreadsheets from CIA training - isbn - 978 186005 4532..takes things a bit further if you like but cia also do the earlier ecdl stuff in bite-size format.
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
  • jayess_2
    jayess_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is a reply a long time after post but I have just come across an excellent site

alison.com

This may help someone out there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family