Help Me Please!!

Options
Help Me Someone Please Before My Head Explodes

Ok Here Goes

I Was Looking To Reclaim My Ppi On My Mortgage As I Was Paying £90 A Month!!! So I Wrote To Both Northern Rock And Pinnacle And Both Said They Had No Info On My Ppi So I Said Fine I Am Going To Write To The Finanicla Ombudsman And Cancelled The Direct Debit Monthyl Debit, Then I Put My Flat On The Market As We Are Looking To Buy A House, Then I Lost My Job - I Didnt Pass My 6 Month Probabtion - This All Happened Two Weeks Before Xmas - I Still Get Paid December, January And February Full Pay
So Today I Get A Letter From My Old Job Saying They Are Writing To Let Me Know They Have Informed The Tax Office I Have Endede My Employment With Them And I Have Paid X Amount Of Tax To Day
A Letter From The Mortage People Saying They Are Reviewing My And My Husbands Info To Get A New Mortgage And A Letter From Pinnacle Insurance Saying They Notice I Have Cancelled M Payment And I Can Re Pay Within Next 7 Days - So I Check My Policy And It Does Say If I Become Unemployed I Can Claim The Full Amount Each Month Up To 12 Months

What Shall I Do?? If The Mortgage People Find Out I Wont Get A Mortagge And....i Have Just Found Out I Am Pregnant!
Shall I Quickly Pay The Ppi Insurance And Then Ring Them Next Month And Tell Them Whats Happeedn But If I Do That Will I Not Get A New Mortage We Live In A One Bed Flat And Have 3 Cats So We Need A New House For When A New Baby Comes Along
I Am Freaking Out!!!

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

You've probably entered the post in all capital letters, which is why it's ended up as every word having the first letter capitalised. It's very hard to read, could you edit it?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,077 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What you can do: reinstate your PPI as per their offer, make a claim and have your mortgage paid for the next 12 months.

What you should do: Having decided to deliberately cancel your policy, only you can decide on the morals of reinstating it and claiming now.

What you can't do: No lender is going to give you a new mortgage without you being in employment. You would have to declare this on a mortgage application; not to do so is fraud.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Smurggle
    Smurggle Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, and I don't think it is very useful to ask you to edit your post to remove capital letters!
    I think that given the circumstances you should do whatever it takes (within the law!) to make sure that you have a roof over your head, especially when you have just found out you are pregnant, congratulations by the way. You have been paying £90 a month for this insurance which is a lot of money, I would reinstate and claim if it was me.
    Total debt (minus mortgage) [STRIKE]Jan 2008- £26972[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Total debt Jan 2009- £17673[/STRIKE], Feb 2012- £7620 :D
  • Fliss_M
    Fliss_M Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well firstly calm downm and breath.
    Pay pinnacal, act like it was a mistake at the bank. Then claim, you been paying (and well over the odds at £90, should have cancelled to a new policy as then the waiting time for unemployment is waivered but thats no help right now) so pay up and claim
    With the new mortgage to move, you struggling, unless you can sell the flat and with the money buy a house and port the mortgage.
    Try contacting the coincil and getting on their housing register, saying you may be made homeless in 12 months and you are over crowded. That could be one way to get a bigger place and at least the ball will be started rolling to get a place as the waiting lists are long depending on your circumstances.
    4 children, 2 cars, 2 full time working parents, large detached house and the will to save every money saving penny we can
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Options
    I agree, reinstate and claim. Also, when your baby is born you'll be entitled to child allowance and likely to tax credits too which all helps, some lenders count these as household income too xx
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Smurggle wrote: »
    I don't think it is very useful to ask you to edit your post to remove capital letters!

Why not? I'm not having a go at the OP, it's just if it's in normal case more people will read it which will result in more replies.
  • Smurggle
    Smurggle Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    She's hardly going to be bothered about grammer whilst having a major panic, are you not going to put anything helpful here until she edits her post?
    Total debt (minus mortgage) [STRIKE]Jan 2008- £26972[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Total debt Jan 2009- £17673[/STRIKE], Feb 2012- £7620 :D
  • suckers2008
    Options
    Hi
    Firstly Andy - can you read the Queens language? So what I wrote in capitals as I was ina blind panic if you have nothing constructive to add then why bother posting at all
    To everyone else many many thanks - I have rund Pinnacle and said after excessive spending it seems my direct debit bounced and I have paid over the phone and re-instated the monthly direct debit. I have already rund the morgtgage people and told them that at the moment I will be just looking to sell my flat and release the money as the market is going down so much at the moment we are not sure if we want to buy so we are getting out al together - this is correct as I got a call from an estate agent who said that one house we looked at last week has been reduced from £225 to £185!!!!!!!!
    I think I will ring the citizens advice bureau in a few weeks and go from there and then also ring the PPI and tell them I want to make a claim
    x
  • RoxieW
    RoxieW Posts: 3,016 Forumite
    Options
    To be fair, it is more difficult to read with caps at the start of each word. Not sure why but it is. It almost put me off reading.
    Glad you've managed to reinstate your insurance - hope it works out and you can claim. Good luck with the pregnancy.
    MANAGED TO CLEAR A 3K OVERDRAFT IN ONE FRUGAL, SUPER CHARGED MONEY EARNING MONTH!:j
    £10 a day challenge Aug £408.50, Sept £90
    Weekly.
    155/200
    "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, It's compromise that moves us along."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure