🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Egg Mortgage - letters sent to old address

Options
Hi

Just wondered what money savers thought about a little problem that I have just discovered with my mortgage company, Egg

Had a Variable Rate Egg Mortgage since 2000, overpayed £100 per month and was was quite happy with them.

When the interest rates started to drop we decided to overpay more per month so contacted the call centre to arrange the extra funds. Was told that the mortgage had been changed from a Variable to Tracker Mortgage, we had been refunded over £300 to our account and that a letter was sent in August confirming all this.

Asked them to send a copy as hadn't seen anything in writing. After 2 further phone calls requesting this letter and nothing arriving I emailed them.

This morning I found out that they have apparantly been sending these letter to the address we lived in 8 years ago before we bought our house.

Every mortgage statement comes to our correct address, all personal details when I login to the website are correct, they even ask me to confirm the address everytime I called.

I found it a bit odd that they had changed the terms of the mortgage in the first place, and now I am worried that somebody untoward has these letters in their grubby mits.

Am I right to be concerned, is there anything I can do? I have emailed them this morning to inform them of their mistake and express my utter disbelief that they could be so incompetent.

Any wise thoughts out there?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family