We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

star wars and sainsburys

Options
So amazed had to tell someone, prequal trilogy and the origanal trilogy, dvd boxsets, £18 on-line, found at sainsbury's yesterday for £12 a piece! And alien quadrilogy £10. :j
4 children, 2 cars, 2 full time working parents, large detached house and the will to save every money saving penny we can

Comments

• meerustar
    meerustar Posts: 8,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My son is Star Wars mad whereas I don't have a clue :)

Are these 2 different box sets each with 3 dvds? IS one of the Return of the Jedi, as he's been mentioning that one a bit.

Thanks
  • Fliss_M
    Fliss_M Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    meerustar wrote: »

Are these 2 different box sets each with 3 dvds? IS one of the Return of the Jedi, as he's been mentioning that one a bit.

Thanks

Yes, 2 box sets, 1 trilogy a piece. I think the 1st trilogy is 2 disc a film, so 6 discs total, unsure about second.

these 2 boxsets will cover the whole star wars saga
    4 children, 2 cars, 2 full time working parents, large detached house and the will to save every money saving penny we can
  • BlueRapture
    Options
    meerustar wrote: »

Thanks

Yes they are 2 boxsets and Return of the Jedi is in the original boxset (Episodes IV/V/VI)

£12 a boxset is a VERY good price i would snap it up if i didnt have them all already :P
  • Fliss_M
    Options
    Yes they are 2 boxsets and Return of the Jedi is in the original boxset (Episodes IV/V/VI)

£12 a boxset is a VERY good price i would snap it up if i didnt have them all already :P

I know, I had made a new year resolution not to buy dvd's coz the price is good, but I wanted these for crimbo and at that price I couldnt resist.
  • Groomy_2
    Groomy_2 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Fliss_M wrote: »
    So amazed had to tell someone, prequal trilogy and the origanal trilogy, dvd boxsets, £18 on-line, found at sainsbury's yesterday for £12 a piece! And alien quadrilogy £10. :j

Thanks for this. Off the back of this post my wife has been out and got them!!

If they are not on the shelves please ask at customer services though, a lot of them haven't been put out yet. They weren't out at our local store until we asked.

They were also putting out lots of v.cheap computer games, DS, PS3 and Wii games from £1. (We got Wii Sega Bass Fishing for £2!!). :D

:money:
  • Fliss_M
    Options
    Groomy wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Off the back of this post my wife has been out and got them!!

If they are not on the shelves please ask at customer services though, a lot of them haven't been put out yet. They weren't out at our local store until we asked.

They were also putting out lots of v.cheap computer games, DS, PS3 and Wii games from £1. (We got Wii Sega Bass Fishing for £2!!). :D

:money:

Your more then welcome! I was just so amazing, am so used to the internet being cheaper this knocked me for 6! From the same place they were £25 just last week. A total saving of £12 off the internet and £26 from last week!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport