Park Hampers? Safe or not?

Options

Comments

• Saint_Nick
    Options
    spora wrote: »
    yeah i have never understood why people use these companies either. Surely its a lot safer to just put the money in another bank account and just use self control to not withdraw the money. Thats gotta be better then potentially losing it all if the company goes bust.

If you look at the terms etc of these companies as a result of Farepak the money is ringfenced. Vareity and Park are founder members of the Christmas PrePayment Association (on this there is also goverment representation I think).

I have used this for the last 7 or 8 years and it is a godsend Nov/Dec.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    The thing that made me a bit :confused: is that their current TV advert lists Woolworths and Zavvi amongst its voucher partners.

I prefer to do my own saving in an account where I can access my money when I need it, and there is little risk involved.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The thing that made me a bit :confused: is that their current TV advert lists Woolworths and Zavvi amongst its voucher partners.

the advert would have been made long before they went bust.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • Saint_Nick
    Options
    Just looked at this years order form and in the Love2shop vouchers you could cross out possibly 10 stores that will not be around later in the year (4 have already gone).
  • Princess_Coupon
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why do people use companies like Park, surely its better to set up a standing order from your normal account into a new account for say £2 each week

If you think you might make withdrawals give a family member the bankcard so you can't. Or collect £ coins in a sealed jar that will have to be smashed to get in, if you tell your OH/kids or someone what the jar is for then you are less likely to break in as they will know;) , you can also watch the jar filling.
    AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven :heart:
  • spora
    spora Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    Saint_Nick wrote: »
    If you look at the terms etc of these companies as a result of Farepak the money is ringfenced. Vareity and Park are founder members of the Christmas PrePayment Association (on this there is also goverment representation I think).

I have used this for the last 7 or 8 years and it is a godsend Nov/Dec.

I didnt realise this. I guess they are good if you think there is a risk of withdrawing the money from a bank account before xmas. Also, i just had a quick look at their website and to be fair it does seem like its pretty helpful for budgeting.

The only reason i suggested about the bank account is that i would hate to think people would lose their money on these kind of things, but from what you said this isn't a risk.

Guess i shouldn't post on stuff i know nothing about :rotfl:

:beer:
  • opaque
    opaque Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love2shop vouchers are not as good as you think, especially when you try and spend them you realise how much more expensive things are in the shops than online or theres no shops you want that accept them. EG only supermarket is Iceland.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Also some shops don't give change on the vouchers, so if you have a £10 voucher and you buy something for £8 you then have to go buying crap to make it up to £10 or loose the £2.
  • Iamstressed
    Options
    :beer: Very Safe!
    • CODE OF PRACTICE.
    http://www.getpark.co.uk/AgencyOnlineWeb/getting-started/member-of-cpa.jsp

Declaration of Trust has been designed to increase protection for customers' prepayments in the event of Park Group going into administration or liquidation before the customers have received the products they have paid for.
    http://www.getpark.co.uk/AgencyOnlineWeb/help/trust-summary.jsp
    :) If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours, :)

:) It wont cost you anything! :)
  • Iamstressed
    Options
    opaque wrote: »
    Love2shop vouchers are not as good as you think, .
    They can be spent here
    http://www.highstreetvouchers.com/gift-vouchers/redeemers/high-street-gift-voucher-redeemer-list.jsp

+ There are lots of other Gift Vouchers, Cards & Tokens
    which you can save for

http://www.highstreetvouchers.com/gift-vouchers/index?sen=gpk&id=30011&link=2
    :) If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours, :)

:) It wont cost you anything! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport