Best place to buy a garden shed?

Options
Hi,

I want to get a garden shed to store a lot of the bits and pieces that have built up over the years and things like books etc. Any advice on whats the best wood or a metal one? I was thinking of going for wood to cut down on condesation problems and maybe a size of 10x8 foot.

Is there anyone who you know of that will do an excellent shed in the north west at a reasonable cost,

many thanks
Joe

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Look for a shed made with pressurised & tanalised (rot protected) timber with a slopping roof, preferably tin.

Inferior flat felt-roofs are rubbish and only last a few years before they leak

The tin roof design can be easily insulated to stop condensation for storing books etc.
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you search this forum I am sure it has been discussed before.

Cheers, Des.
  • jetboy
    jetboy Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a great shed 10 x 6 from Primewood sheds on the Comber road outside Newtownards a few years ago. Not only was it cheap but the quality was miles better than others in its price range.
    Timmay!
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    we got ours from Mullan's in RIngsend (between Garvagh and Limavady) we are happy with quality ..... got it 4 years ago and no probs ... as long as you have base ready they erect it etc. We have 12 x10 shed and store everything from kids toys, wood, furniture etc in it.
    They also recommended a protective paint to use every year. It goes on very easily like water but apparently keeps bugs away too.
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • Jaime-V
    Jaime-V Posts: 466 Forumite
    Options
    Not really in your area but we got ours from Hillhead sheds (hillhead rd in Ballyclare) We had the base ready and they built the shed on site, had it about 7 years now and good as new. My parents also got one 2 years ago and they were pleased too.
    HTH
    Norn Iron club member - 265
  • mmcourt
    mmcourt Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ya Washingbay Garden Sheds are excellent. They deliver all over the country and have excellent customer service.
    Winnings 2009: Rimmel Pro Lycra Nail Polish.
    Mars Football, A Crunchie Bar
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport