DFS Sofa, is salesman trying it on?

Options
Hi all, i hope this is the right place to post this....

We are looking to buy a new corner sofa and are looking at two models at DFS, the salesman is heavily stressing that this one is better as the other one requires more "plumping" and so is harder work...so he wants us to get this one - http://www.dfs.co.uk/sofas/corner-groups/monaco/191/2791/0/all - which we like and it has a 10 year guarantee but we also like this one - http://www.dfs.co.uk/sofas/corner-groups/cayo/191/2689/0/all (this is the hard work one apparantly)

So, my theory is the first one has such a massive discount (! :rolleyes:), salesman is desperatly trying to get us to buy it and not the other one - i think they are discontinuing it and thats why they are trying so hard....

Can i have opinions please? We think we prefer the second one but don't want to have one that needs plumping daily, but don't want to be duped by them either!!

Thanks all
Flipped x

Comments

• milliemonster
    Options
    Out of the 2 I would say the former would hold its shape longer, however all of these 'loose pillow' backed sofas look great when you get them then go out of shape very quickly, my friend has one similar to the second one you have highlighted and its ruined after 2 years with kids jumping all over it, I love the look of the first one tbh but vowed after seeing hers deteriorate from new that I would never buy a loose backed sofa.

I guess it depends what you are going to use it for, if you have kids etc, by that I mean I know some of their sofas are designed for 'occasional use only' which is no good if its your only sofa and you have a family
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    Have to agree with the above, with a youngster just learning how to jump on everything I'l not get loose cushion backed sofas for at least 15years! Each person has different criteria, but stain proof was one for us and comfort at the end of a long day at home/work!
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • Flipped27
    Options
    I do have kids - I have 3!!! Thats why we wanted a big corner sofa so we could all cuddle up together on there instead of sitting on two sofas...I totally see what you're all saying about the loose cushions as it had crossed my mind too....husband wants one though....am sure it will be fine and last until they leave home?! :rolleyes:
  • lucylot
    lucylot Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    I personally wouldn't buy either. I had a sofa from DFS that needed 'plumping' and it was a pain in the neck. We tend to sit in the same places and it very soon looked a mess as all the cushions sagged in the middle. We bought it on this pay over 4 yrs deal and replaced it before we finished paying for it. And we didn't go to DFS either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure