Asking for feedback from interview/application form

I’ve filled in some application forms and had a few interviews but when it comes to asking for feedback the communication stops there, do I keep on asking for feedback on the interviews Ive had and forms filled in.

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wouldn't bother where it is just that you have completed application forms but not had an interview. So many people are likely to have applied that it is probably too much to expect them to give feedback.

However certainly continue to ask for feedback from interviews. They don't have to give it but it is good if they can acknowledge how much more you have had to put into the process. And they should have notes to help them give the feedback.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I wouldn't bother where it is just that you have completed application forms but not had an interview. So many people are likely to have applied that it is probably too much to expect them to give feedback.

However certainly continue to ask for feedback from interviews. They don't have to give it but it is good if they can acknowledge how much more you have had to put into the process. And they should have notes to help them give the feedback.

yes i know they dont have to prvide feedback but i would like to know if theres anything i could change or not say or if there was soemthing i should mention
  • LittleVoice
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    yes i know they dont have to prvide feedback but i would like to know if theres anything i could change or not say or if there was soemthing i should mention

That's why I said you should ask for feedback from interviews but not bother if it was just a case of having completed an application form but not been interviewed! Weren't you asking whether you should ask for feedback from interviews and from applying with application forms?

Was there a question I missed? Are you asking how to ask for feedback?
  • I would always recommend asking for feedback for interviews and for an application form. Why not?????? Having been a recruiter for many companies over the years and interviewing hundreds and hundreds of people (in both private and public sector) good recruiters (not those just treating applicants like a production line)should be able to give you this information. The feedback can go one of two ways - 1. Their policy is not to give feedback - handy as its a litigious world out there! and a good get out ( if that is the case there si not alot you can do) OR 2. They give feedback but please be prepared to take on board their comments gracefully....you may not always like what you hear. Most recruiters that are prepared to give feedback do so in order to for the applicant to be aware of the isues and correct them for future success.

Although the job market is not good at present to get the job you want you need to set yourself apart from the rest. This means being proactive and networking. By asking for feedback you can often network with recruiters in order to gain further information about other roles about to come up.
    Why did I not have the LBM years ago?
    LBM Dec 2008 -Debt total then £18,802.24. :eek:
    August 2010 - Student Loan £5526.
    Loan £5642 -£3000 saved towards final payment:)
    Balance Outstanding £8168.
  • LondonDiva
    LondonDiva Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'd sugget you ask for both, but as above be prepared to hear what's been said.
    "This is a forum - not a support group. We do not "owe" anyone unconditional acceptance of their opinions."
  • DCFC79
    That's why I said you should ask for feedback from interviews but not bother if it was just a case of having completed an application form but not been interviewed! Weren't you asking whether you should ask for feedback from interviews and from applying with application forms?

Was there a question I missed? Are you asking how to ask for feedback?

no you havent missed a question, yes i said do i ask for feedback from application forms filled in but no interview and app form filled in and interview, ive been asking for feedback whether ive been interviewed or not, its the fact that when i ask for feedback i dont get a response so should i chase it up for forget about it and move on
  • DCFC79
    LondonDiva wrote: »
    I'd sugget you ask for both, but as above be prepared to hear what's been said.

i am prepared to hear whats been said as id like to hear the bad points as well as the good points
  • LittleVoice
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    no you havent missed a question, yes i said do i ask for feedback from application forms filled in but no interview and app form filled in and interview, ive been asking for feedback whether ive been interviewed or not, its the fact that when i ask for feedback i dont get a response so should i chase it up for forget about it and move on

My view on that is that it isn't worth going back and chasing if they have ignored your request.

However there are ways of asking which may be more likely to get a response. If you were impressed by the company (or willing to say you were), then you can say you would still like to work for them and wonder whether they would be kind enough to let you know how you could prepare on another occasion.
  • DCFC79
    My view on that is that it isn't worth going back and chasing if they have ignored your request.

However there are ways of asking which may be more likely to get a response. If you were impressed by the company (or willing to say you were), then you can say you would still like to work for them and wonder whether they would be kind enough to let you know how you could prepare on another occasion.

maybe ill try that then, thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport