weak nails?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
9 replies 835 views
Mimi_Arc_en_cielMimi_Arc_en_ciel Forumite
4.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
Have recently grew my fingernails and they are still very bendy. How long does this last and is there anything i can use to strenghten them that ACTUALLY works?

Ta x
Debts
Tesco Loan 2.9595% £8,077.80 £3,231.12
Santander Loan 11.90% - £7,500 £5,308.36
Sainsburys Balance Transfer 0% - £2,000 £2000
MBNA Balance Transfer 0% - £2,500 £2,141.14
Total Debt: £20,077.8 Total Repaid: £7,397.18 Left to pay: £12,680.62
Debt Free prediction: 1st July 2023

Replies

• La-CaraLa-Cara Forumite
    915 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    I personally find that keeping them well moisturised and buffed helps. You can use a normal hand/body cream or olive oil to moisturise them, and buffers can be picked up cheaply from superdrug etc.

• After spending a fortune on a variety of things to help with just this - OPI's 'Nail Envy' is really good, the lady behind the counter in our chemist said that she had tried Vaseline's Intensive hand lotion. Massaged all over and then a little extra onto her nail beds had given her the fantastic 'talons' she now sports. I thought she'd had a very expensive set of false ones put on - which is what had started the conversation in the first place.
    HTH
    Tilly
    xx
    Thanks to this fantastic site and it's amazing people, we have paid over £63, 000 off - just over half way!!!
    :T THANK YOU:T
  • Dear friend,
    I personally would try a kit i saw on tv which encouraged me to grow my nails it also helps with there stregnth, and adds calicum into the nails and cuticles sorry i cant remeber the name but i think i brought it off the QVC website. Also i would also recommernd the Avon website or booklets that get handed out because they also have a great range of nail building polishes and lots of different nail polishes which would help streghten your nails perfectly.;)
    I hope this helps and best of luck growing your nails.
    Lauren Claire
  • La-CaraLa-Cara Forumite
    915 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Dear friend,
    I personally would try a kit i saw on tv which encouraged me to grow my nails it also helps with there stregnth, and adds calicum into the nails and cuticles sorry i cant remeber the name but i think i brought it off the QVC website.

It's called Prostrong. Their products contain fluoride, and some also now contain calcium as well. I've found their products to work well and are easy to use, but they are quite expensive.

• Ive also recently grown my nails and found a really good nail hardner that really works and i have no weak nails!!

Bought from Boots (few quid) SALLY HANSEN - HARD AS NAILS

Try it, it works x
  • Mimi_Arc_en_cielMimi_Arc_en_ciel Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will try a few of your suggestions - thanks!

Ive been using Maybelline Salon Care 3-in-1 ultra strong - and its cr**!!!

Lukily, even though a few of them have brokn (three nails in a week!!!) they are still quiet long (well comapred to what they used to be!) so i dont think ill go back into my little "ripping" habit!

Does anyone know if Levothyroxine weakens the nails?
    Debts
  • Diane60Diane60 Forumite
    568 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Have used ProStrong,, Sally Hansen and Nail Envy. By far the best for me is Nail Envy. QVC have twice the Envy today on offer (2bottles for the price of one). Also I eat one cube of jelly straight from the pack, each day. Try it for about a week, it really improves my nails.
  • Hi

I am a trained Beauty Therapist and the product I would recommend is OPI's Nail Envy I had used lots of different nail products at different spas and salons and found this nail strengthener to be the best. My clients all rave about it. I have seen some fantastic results.
  • Mimi_Arc_en_cielMimi_Arc_en_ciel Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Diane60 wrote: »
    Have used ProStrong,, Sally Hansen and Nail Envy. By far the best for me is Nail Envy. QVC have twice the Envy today on offer (2bottles for the price of one). Also I eat one cube of jelly straight from the pack, each day. Try it for about a week, it really improves my nails.

why jelly?
    Debts
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government