Money off vouchers

Options
Hi, just thought i'd float an idea how about a local voucher exchange pot in a local shop or post office.
I get tons of vouchers for stuff i'm never going to buy and it seems a shame to bin them so...
put all your unwanted vouchers in the pot and grab a few you do need. Due to the low actual value of these vouchers it would be pointless doing this thru the post so spread a little moneysavingness locally.
There is a less than altruistic slant to this also, i know some vouchers are named but you can get round this by paying cash, also i'm sure that if the issuer notices that "you" use the voucher that they'll consider you for more.
Sorry bit long winded but hell, i think it's a good idea, what does anyone else think?
[shadow=red,left,300][move][glow=red,2,300] ;D ;D ;D[/glow][/move][/shadow]
Cymru Am Byth

Comments

• Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get tons of vouchers for stuff i'm never going to buy and it seems a shame to bin them so...
    [shadow=red,left,300][move][glow=red,2,300] ;D ;D ;D[/glow][/move][/shadow]

Don't know if you know this but some Asda and Tesco stores actually take vouchers for stuff that you don't buy... so you don't have to bin them! ;D

HTH
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Options
    but our local asdas and tescos in peterborough getting a bit strict on it now.. only taking if you buy the product.. managers progative so they say.
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • maiden_scotland
    Options
    I use tesco self scan to use coupons on items I don't buy.
    at the end of the day tesco get their money back and also a handling fee per coupon
  • loafer_2
    loafer_2 Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    but our local asdas and tescos in peterborough getting a bit strict on it now.. only taking if you buy the product.. managers progative so they say.
    e-mail tesco customer service - the only prerogative the managers have in the policy is the self-printed internet coupons... according to them ;)
  • Russ66
    Russ66 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Prerogative. ;D
    You're Damned If You Do & You're Damned If You Don't :doh:
  • drstonk
    drstonk Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    Pedant
    Cymru Am Byth
  • bubbles_2
    Options
    does self scan work in sainsburys does anyone know..and if so, how much does it let you put through per transaction please?

bubs x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport