Catteries in Belfast

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
4 replies 3.5K views
nozzadamozzanozzadamozza Forumite
317 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Hi there
I was hoping I could ask you peeps a quick question- hubby and i are on a few days break next week, and we need to find a cheap cattery, etc for our kitty to stay..we live in the east of the city and was wondering if any of you know of any cheap 'cat hotels' in and around belfast :)

we have been quoted £6 per night at the Garden Lodge Vetinary- plus £3.50 insurance. This is the first time we have used a cattery in Belfast so if you have any opinions they would be gratefully received :)

Replies

• Can recommend Garden Lodge. Our dog was there for 3 weeks this summer and appears to have been very well looked after. Another one I can recommend is Rosebank between Newtownards and Donaghadee. It may be too far away for you but we used it several times for our cat and dog (Until they stopped taking dogs).

Have a lovely break.
  • jenny-wrenjenny-wren Forumite
    838 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    My mother always uses Oakland Farm Hotel for Cats. It's up in the Gilnahirk Hills on the Lisleen Road (beside the golf course across the road from Hillmount Nursery) so would probably be pretty handy for you. The owners are absolutely potty about cats!

From memory it's about £7 a day all-in.

Their phone number is 028 9044 8271.
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • thanks jenny-wren & pamperedprincess- we decided to go with Garden Lodge- so our inky has a cat hotel for next week- thanks again for your help:j
  • ArtytartyArtytarty Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have used both.
    Garden Lodge OK. I would use it at a push for a short stay, but I prefer Oaklands. The husband and wife are amazing and really understand the differing personalities of their "guests"! I think a cats only environment is less stressful too.
    Arty.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News