edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
10 replies 4.3K views
rjh090384rjh090384 Forumite
2.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
hiya

looking to get a new tattoo. got my last one done in skinworks by jinx when i was 18 and didnt think to check out tatoo artists before i went. it was great though want to check out my other options.

people are going to think i am mad but i want a fairy. not a tinkerbell style but a beautiful gorgeous piece of art fairy. custom style. i have a few ideas to chip in but its a custom piece. can anyone recommend anyone for this sort of work and how much they are?

my husband recently had some custom done in white dragon botanic for £60 an hour but checkingout other options.

anyone heard of skullduggery on dublin road? any other suggestions.

ta!
love you lots like jelly tots :o

Replies

• Lauri254Lauri254 Forumite
    393 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    If I were to get a tattoo, I would go to either Snoopys in Glengormley or Artistic Tattoo on the Woodstock Road in Belfast
  • arkonite_babearkonite_babe Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had work done by Pert in Ink Castle and would recommend.
    You can have a look at the website HERE

Best recommendations will come from friends or colleagues who have had work done in studios and know what type of ink you are after.

HTH
  • MilkoMilko Forumite
    658 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Went to Skulls (Skinworks) 13 years ago and have only gone there since but I do hear good reports about the guy on the woodstock road.
    Skinworks are expensive but then you generally get what you pay for
  • tinypawztinypawz Forumite
    219 Posts
    I've had 3 tattoos done, 1 by Pert and 2 in Skinworks by Tommy Gunn.

I would recommend either of those places. I agree with previous posted, you ge what you pay for!

Good luck
    LBM May 2007 -£20584!!! :mad: (£18k is ex-husbands-nice guy, eh?:mad: )
    [strike]Dec 2008 -£15095[/strike] [STRIKE]Jan 09 - £14871[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 09 - £14534 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Sept 09 - £12463[/STRIKE] [strike]Jan 10 - £11805[/strike] May 11 - £7981
  • rjh090384rjh090384 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    just wondered what the going rate was as i have only white dragon to cmpare to
  • tinypawztinypawz Forumite
    219 Posts
    It really depends on design and size.:confused: You'd probably be best taking your chosen design to a few places and asking them to price it for you.

Most places would also be more than happy to show you around and to show you a selection of the work that they have done.

You'll be able to make a decision then on standard and value for money.

Good luck
    LBM May 2007 -£20584!!! :mad: (£18k is ex-husbands-nice guy, eh?:mad: )
    [strike]Dec 2008 -£15095[/strike] [STRIKE]Jan 09 - £14871[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 09 - £14534 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Sept 09 - £12463[/STRIKE] [strike]Jan 10 - £11805[/strike] May 11 - £7981
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks everyone iny i need a custome design done so thats why i was looking for a price by the hour sort of idea
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    went to skinworks today they were great and really listened and helped out getting what i relaly wanted. i booked in end of january with shane. anyone had any work doen by him?
  • MilkoMilko Forumite
    658 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Small dark haired guy into his cars ???
    If so, he did my last one. Good job and not half as painful as I remembered it to be :)
    2.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    not sure about the cars but that sounds like him. had mine done yesterday and cannot recommend him enough. spent a good hour drawing one up for me was so light handed and gentle and the finsihed product is amazing. big recommendation!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals