Telewest won't stop calling me

Options
I cancelled my phone service with telewest and ever since I have been getting anything from three to twenty calls off them a day.Some of them silent.I have told them every single time that I do not wish to be contacted them any more and to take my details off their system.I am promised each time it will be done.This was not stopping them so I spoke to a supervisor and told her that it was illegal for a company to keep phoning someone who has indicated they do not want the calls again she promised me my number would be removed .Within three hours I had recieved four more calls each time I asked for the callers details and then asked to speak to the same supervisor she told me that she had removed my number so there must be a fault with the equipment .I have told her that every time I get a call then she will recieve one from me and that I am keeping details of all the calls and I will be reporting them . Thing is I'm completly lost as to who exactly I am suppose to report them to and what I can do next .has anyone any advice PLEASE as I can't take much more of these calls.
Wish I could stop editing EVERY post I make :mad:

Comments

• phoneman44
    Options
    Ofcom have an online complaint form for silent call complaints http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/landline/silent/?itemid=284845.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When they ring ask who's calling. If they say Telewest say "Hold on one moment". Put the phone on the table and just leave it there. They will get fed up and hang up and it's also then costing them more money to keep phoning you. They will get the message in the end.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    I'd also go through the TPS registering process too.....just in case.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

This should take you off any 'marketing' list and in theory reduce any marketing calls that you get.

There is also a complaints form on the site also (not for silent calls though)
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    I have already registered my number with tps and I have told Telewest this but Thank You I didn't know there was a complaints form but i'l certainly fill it in.
    As far as asking them to hold on and leaving them there I'm always telling my dad to do that Duhhhhhhh and don't do it myself lol Iwas just SO annoyed that they are getting away with this illegal practice
    THANKYOU everyone who replied to me
  • mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    Calls have still not stopped .I have put in a complaint with tps and have now told the Telewest supervisor that I will be charging the company a £20 administration fee for every time I have to stop what I'm doin to answer the phone to them and I will take all legal steps required to obtain my fee's ( small claims court ) .My plan now is to put that in writing to them , recorded delivery,to make it legal .Then take the name , time , department of everyone that phones me then ask them to wait a minute and leave them sitting there.So now it won't be just the phone call it will be costing them.
  • Silent_Calls_Victim
    Options
    The law and regulations here are very confusing.

By failing to respect an explicit request not to call you, this company has breached Regulation 21 of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.

These regulations are enforced, not by Ofcom nor the TPS company, but by the Information Commissioner's Office.

telephone: 01625 545 745
    web site: http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/
    email: compliance@ico.gsi.gov.uk

The complaint forms which can be downloaded from the website are almost impossible - I suggest a telephone call initially.

The TPS, which is covered by the same regulation, can create extra confusion when you have been a customer. I suggest that you focus on your explicit requests not to be called.

I hope this helps.

David

For lots on the campaign against Silent Calls and other related nuisance please visit http://www.users.waitrose.com/~SilentCalls/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure