We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

JANUARY Make £10 a Day Challenge

1…129130131132134

Comments

  • ruthiejane
    ruthiejane Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    What is mazuma?

    My total for January was £349.51 - not as much as £15 per day, but if I ignore the amount I "invested" in TAB free bingo which I am expecting back into my bank account any day I did hit my target.
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hello, total for the month £476.89 so really pleased with that, have just signed up for the February challenge.
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    HI I managed to print and use another £4 in free vouchers yesterday towards food!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    count me in please

    start of the month and all that!!
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • £8.44 in tips and £2.80for selling something at work, so have just scraped over my target foR January.

    See you all on the February thread x
    Married 19th May 2011 to the love of my life
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member Number 44
    CSC Challenge - to complete LEGS by end of December
  • PigginSkint
    PigginSkint Posts: 2,706 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi All

    Sorry I am late but my last entries for January are as follows:

    Amazon: £8.47
    Avon: £38.25

    Total for January = £95.69

    After aiming for £5 a day in January, I plan to try for £10 a day in February - now that I have got a computer with internet access at home again I can do that!
    PigginSkint's debt free diary
    DFW Nerd 1049 Amazon Sellers Club member 54
    Total mortgage debt: 30/4/17 £14090.77 (Last payment: September 2021)
    LTSB Loan 30/4/17 £6633.71 (reduction by 48%)
    Total credit cards: 30/4/17 £25971.91 :eek:
    Total non-mortgage debt: 30/4/17 £32876.49 :eek:
  • Catw0man
    Catw0man Posts: 860 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Sorry I am late and have not been around much - must try harder!!! I have a couple of things to add to my total, but still opff target :( Hopefully will do better this month - I'd forgotten it was Febraury already, how time flies....

    Shop and Scan - £2.90
    P!necone - £4.00
    Lightspeed - 50p
    Total - £7.40

    GRAND TOTAL FOR JANUARY - £207.55

    It's off target but it's better than nothing:D:D:D
  • Hiya

    Better late then never! Just finished totting up for Jan and my total is £114 which I am really pleased with. Not quite the £5 per day but still a massive help towards my overspend on groceries - don't know what happened there! Came in under budget on fuel to so that helped too.

    Aiming for £5 per day again in Feb :)

    Jaycee x

  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    I'm late too - my totals are in my sig. Very pleased as this is the first time I've done this challenge. See you all in the Feb thread!

    TOTAL: £330.30/£310
    Debt cleared! [strike]£13,128[/strike] £0!!!
    Saving for maternity leave: £3,300/£3500
    'Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.' Michael Pollan
  • Count me in too please. i'm starting from today as i need to save to go travelling in april.
    Going to aim to make £10.00 a day!
    Aim: To be mortgage free by age 40!

    'Being wealthy doesn't depend on what you earn, being wealthy depends on what you do with what you earn'
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.