Currys/Dixons 42" 100hz LCD TV shocker

Options
Online now (can reserve for collection) or available in store on Boxing Day for £549 or online using "SALE25" voucher code at Dixons plus "DELTVPACK" for £535 delivered.

*Rep to Msaleh on HDUK for this **

A really good deal for a 100 Hz 1080p set.

Raven

The LG 42LG7000, a stunning 42" HD Ready 1080P LCD TV with built in Bluetooth connectivity for images / music playback etc, 100Hz, Dual XD Engine, 4 x HDMI and US 2.0
  • HD Ready 1080p
  • Built-in digital TV tuner
  • 50,000 : 1 contrast ratio
  • Dual XD Engine Image technology
  • SRS Trusurround
Watch your favourite sports in smooth, flowing action with the 42LG7000 42” Full HD LCD TV, featuring TruMotion 100Hz technology. Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, 500cd/m² peak brightness and 50,000:1 contrast ratio, powered by a Dual XD Engine, all combine to give you the greatest lifelike image possible for crisp, vibrant and crystal clear viewing.

Clear Voice technology ensures that even with background noise you’ll be fully engrossed in the plot. A range of settings allows you to adjust the impressive sized screen on the 42LG70-00 to suit your own requirements, whether you’re watching a film, a sporting final, or using your games console. Two 10W 4-way speakers with SRS TruSurround XT sound ensure that you’re blasted with fantastic quality audio.

Its easy to connect all your high-tech devices using a number of handy incorporated connections on the 42LG7-000 42” Full HD LCD TV. A USB port allows you to connect to your camcorder, mp3 player or camera with ease, and with integrated Bluetooth you can even transfer images wirelessly, via your phone, to share with the rest of your family.

View your favourite TV programmes and films in high definition using the sleek, impressive 42LG-7000 42” Full HD LCD TV – a fantastic addition to any living space.
I'd like to teach the World to sing in perfect Harmony :grin: :j :D:)

Comments

• spike9
    spike9 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Can anybody recommend which would be the better buy this at about £520 or the sony bravia 40V4000 at £499.95 ?
    thanks for anyones opinion as not too clued up myself !
  • Raven
    Raven Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    100Hz verses 50Hz no contest mate, now whats the best price on the 4000w, thats a closer closer call.

Raven.
    I'd like to teach the World to sing in perfect Harmony :grin: :j :D:)
  • tomsk2
    tomsk2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,

Firstly a big thank you to Raven. Seeing this this morning, in a Christmassy, gifty mood, I was THIS close to ordering it online and going to pick it up tomorrow.

Thought it might be worthwhile mentioning the following however.

I checked the Which report for these TVs. Unfortunately they hadn't reviewed the 42" model, but had done so for the 47" model (47LG7000) and it only got a score of 57%, with notable drawbacks being "average picture and sound"

They did have a few good things to say about it also, but personally I think that if you're going to get a TV that big, it's worth ensuring that the picture and sound quality give you the best experience possible... so I'm going to behave and hold off on getting this one.

Thanks again, Raven, but I think it might be worth holding out for one with better reviews.

That said, this certainly IS a fantastic price, so if you're more interested in the specs than the quality, then it's a brilliant Grabbit!!

Happy Christmas, all!!
    ** I swear my spending has only gone UP since I discovered the MSE Grabbits!! :rotfl:
    (But at least I'm getting it all cheaper!!)**
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    Options
    the DELTVPACK code does not seem to work, dave
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Explain why its "No Contest" between 50/100Hz?
  • ratboy01
    Options
    i don't know why it's 'no contest'

but if you watch a lot of sport or fast moving tv then with 100hz the moving objects will be less blurred because the screen will be refreshing at a faster rate; where as with 50hz the objects may be blurry around edges basically all tvs will have 100hz soon as minimum in my opinion.

i've heard of 200hz on some top end tvs.

i've still got old bush 32" crt
  • spiritus
    Options
    ....and the standard definition picture on an old CRT TV is usually far better than today's LCD's or Plasma.

Unless you subscribe to High Definition TV you won't notice a massive amount of difference
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • mikeandrach_2
    Options
    this is a great tv, forget what which syathe sound quality is superb for a flat panel. i'll be buying one of these tomorrow, can't believe which say its average i have seen it in the flesh and it is superb. just goes to prove my point i have made many times before that which are a load of bollox,go see the tv for yourself rather than a rpeort written by a journalist and then decide
  • D_e_n_i_s_e
    Options
    better getting john lewis if they offer this tv to pricematch. and get the 5 year warranty free.

LCD and Plasma tv's are notorious for going wrong and if it was to go faulty then you can expect to pay hundreds to get it fixed.

currys / dixons warrantys on LCD and Plasma are in the region of £200 (guessing!)
    so with this its not much of a deal.
  • ratboy01
    Options
    thats because they cover you for accidental damage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business