tesco, clifton moor, york

McKneff
McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
choking for a cuppa tea, good old Tesco, we'll go there

Arghhhh, couldnt find the cafe, have they closed it down
make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
and we will never, ever return.

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    choking for a cuppa tea, good old Tesco, we'll go there

Arghhhh, couldnt find the cafe, have they closed it down
    Did you ask them?

But they do sometimes do that, there used to be one at the Tesco nearest the DSs' Uni but no longer.

If you can work out which Tesco it is from their website, it does list facilities. I couldn't.

MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to the England board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • its called York extra on the website. there isn't a Cafe listed there now.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I went to that Tesco's a week ago and they were changing the whole store around.

I asked if they had a cafe and was told that the nearest place to get something was Wilkinson's a few doors away.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    thanks for that Elona, I remember about Wilkinsons now that you mention it.
    I wish i had remembered it at the time. Ne'er mind, will remember next time.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ooooh, I've never seen a Wilkinsons with a cafe!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Its closed down as they are remodelling the whole store! They have been doing it for ages. Im sure there will be a new cafe opening up in there soon when they get round to that bit! Even the clothes have been shifted into a 'tent' thing in the car park! There is a coffee shop in Wilkinsons or there is always Macdonalds or Burger King, or the Pub behind Tesco, Dunelm, Mega Bowl. Plenty of places to sit down and have a cuppa and a natter!
    MFW 2011 challenge - Aim: Overpay £414.26 a month/£5,000 a year. Overpayment Total to date: £414.26:jMortgage start 28/9/07 £46,217.00 :TMortgage balance as of 25/05/11 £24,490.58 :T
    Interest saved as of 25/05/11: £2,849.84 Projected term reduction as of 25/05/11: 9 years 11 months
  • A cashier told me a few weeks ago that the refurb will be completed around March. They're putting in a mezzanine floor, I think the cafe is going up there when it opens again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure