mystery shop...lots of availability

Options
13»

Comments

• beckie
    beckie Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    thats v.true, you cant always get a refund. so you will just have to check the details of each assignment before you take it. to see if it is worth your while!
    btw if you need a list of more mystery shopping companies that work! - check out the link in my signature!
  • tjhooker1975
    Options
    Also take note that if you do work for any of the MS companies that pay you as a self employed contractor (ie most of them), you will have to register as self employed, fill out a self assessment form once a year, and (I think) pay weekly NI contributions. When I did some work with TNS they paid me by cheque and a week later I had the inland revenue on the phone asking me what was going on.

If you do go for it, good luck, it is lots of fun, especially when you do pubs and cinemas etc (and presumably when you do car test drives and hotels but never got offered these!). And someone infinitely more wise than me on here can probably direct you to a forum similar in set up to MSE that is a great UK mystery shopping community- I did have it on favourites but I cant find it now.

One other thing. I've just had an email from Gapbusters https://www.xec.gapbuster.com, they are currently looking for loads of mystery shoppers to hit post offices and McDonalds in the UK. I've done some MS work for them and they are good.

Cheers

TJ
  • flossie_2
    Options
    I did 7 of these mystery shops. over 2 months ago and having contacted aba numerous times, still have not recieved any payment, they insist they have sent a cheque, but I am yet to recieve it!!

Maz - I've done work for aba - wilkinsons and house of fraser - various occasions and always got cash through the post. They failed to pay me for a wilkinsons visit, no reply to emails then eventually a tenner arrived in the post, no explanation, not even a comps slip. I assumed it was for the Wilkinsons thing. So keep at them. If they sent a cheque, can they give you the details, i.e. amount, cheque number etc so you can check with your bank. Ask them to tell you if/when it was cashed. If they can't, ask them to reissue and cancel original. Give them a ring - they're quite helpful on the phone. Good luck.
  • Leothecat
    Leothecat Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ben500
    I do a few supermarket shops for TNS. They normally pay milage of £3.50, internet £2.00, telephone calls £0.50 plus £13.50 of shopping. Not to be sniffed at.
    When I do clothing retailers, I always take the goods back for a refund, get paid a tenner plus the extras above. For fast food, you get about £5 + price of meal + extras above. For restaurants, approx. £20 + extras above + £4 I think for last one. Pays for a night out anyway.
    You could certainly not make a living out of it but its nice for an extra few quid. This week I've done 4 supermarkets so that's my shopping for the week.
    Give it a go, but make sure to check the sites each morning once you are singed up as the assignments are 1st come 1st served basis.
  • Billie_no_mates
    Options
    I did my first job for ABA last Friday, which entailed a 90 mile round trip and a £20.00 purchase. I went to input the details and it wouldn't let me log in. I 'phoned and emailed and emailed and 'phoned, but although I got through on the 'phone, no one sorted out the problem or got back to me! As you only get paid if results are entered within 24 hours, looks like I'm out of pocket in a major way! :-(

A case of learning the hard way.
  • atherlon
    Options
    how do you go about joining ABA ???
  • malcolmord
    Options
    Sounds a bit confusing
  • zakony
    zakony Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    after you've signed up for the tns, where do ypu log in?
    I can't find it in the Tns website.
    Life should not be taken seriously, as no one would get out alive
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family