MFW Resolutions?

Options
As we're approaching the New Year I wondered if anyone was planning to do anything different in terms of their MFW quest? Plans to raise your game, make some changes, anything really.

We made a lump sum payment earlier this year and have been saving the difference between our old and new repayments, but thats been about it. I did have some extra saved but that has had to be diverted elsewhere.

For the new year I am planning to get back into doing online surveys, I'm sure they'll soon add up. I'm also going to take a long hard look at our spending. Not that we go mad and we do make sure we have the best deals we can get, but it's so easy to just grab a £10 or £20 out of the cash we have at home and it goes without even being thought about. So I want to keep a tighter rein on that.

Anyone else care to contribute?

Comments

• Welshlassie
    Options
    I agree we're going to revisit our spending and keep a tighter rein on things.

I do surveys when I can, and the one I find mounts up the quickest is Pureprofile (have had almost £100 this year from them).

I also have a pile of vouchers that I'm not going to spend so will sell them and continue to try and sell bits on ebay that I have sitting around.

I really would love to meet my target this year (£1200) on top of the money I'm drip feeding into the mortgage from the matured savings, that would give any additional £2500 off the mortgage over the course of the year, which would be brilliant and take us below £190k which is huge acheivement for us, so that is my motivation.
  • noodles42
    Options
    Thanks for input on online surveys. I do one currently but this offers points for flights rather than cash. Will def look at others.

We have just applied for new credit cards as we both have business expenses that go on our own cards so we have gone for airmiles cards - fingers crossed we can earn enough for a holiday.

We both have accounts with topcashback so we earn some extra there and that can all go towards OP on mortgage.

Good luck to everyone - with all the doom n gloom on the news it is great to have some input from some people making positive steps ;-)

Every little bit helps - said the lil boy peeing in the sea :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport