SSP Payment - How much?

Options
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, at the start of this month i was signed off by my doctor for 4 weeks, which means that all ill get paid in january is SSP. I only work 2 days a week (15 hours) does anyone know how much i would get paid? I know its normally £70+ a week but dont know if thats just if you work full time.

Thanks for any help :cool:

Comments

• rosysparkle
    Options
    £30.16

which is £15.08 a day.
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    £30.16

which is £15.08 a day.

Not great but thanks, at least i can budget now
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    alison999 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, at the start of this month i was signed off by my doctor for 4 weeks, which means that all ill get paid in january is SSP. I only work 2 days a week (15 hours) does anyone know how much i would get paid? I know its normally £70+ a week but dont know if thats just if you work full time.

Thanks for any help :cool:

Providing that you qualify for SSP, and for that you will need to average at least £90 a week during the qualifying period before you went off sick, then you will be entitled to SSP at the weekly rate of £75.40.
    You then need to find out what your qualifying days are, these are the days that you will be paid SSP. These are often the days that you would normally work but they can be different so you will have to ask your employer.
    If we assume that your qualifying days are the days you normaly work then you are paid nothing for the first three days, these are called waiting days, and £37.70 for each day after that.
    So if for example you work on Monday and Tuesday and your sickness starts on a Monday. You would get no SSP for the first week (two waiting days) £37.70 for the second week ( one waiting day one day SSP ) and then £75.40 for the third week (two days SSP)
    The above may be different if you have been off sick in the eight weeks prior to this illness.
    Details about SSP can be seen at
    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/statutory_sick_pay.asp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family