Training for Administrator / HR - £250 budget

Options
Hi all,

I know someone that has a £250 budget to spend on training. She is an administrator and is also looking to move into HR.

What is the best way to get maximum value out of this budget that the company has given.

She can add to it out of her own pocket, but not too much.

Thanx

AMO

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello AMO

I'll move your thread to the 'Employment, Jobseeking and Training' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • LittleVoice
    Options
    Try a CIPD Certificate in Personnel Practice. You can do this in a year and attend college maybe a couple of evenings a week. Or perhaps an afternoon and evening.

You can do it by distance learning but working in a group has a lot to offer.

Unfortunately most college courses start in the autumn but there may be a fast track somewhere or the distance learning route probably has a flexible start.
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Options
    When I looked into it (I'm a HR Administrator) a few years ago, the CPP was £2k+ to do it direct with CIPD, but about £500 to do it with the local college.

ETA: Yikes! Just looked it up and it's over £4k now! http://www.cipd.co.uk/training/CPP/details

The first level qualification with CIPD is actually the CHRA which is just under £2k. http://www.cipd.co.uk/training/CHRA/details
  • cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Options
    CIPD have some scary prices! I'd thoroughly recommend the CPP and doing it at a recognised college. It will be much cheaper, and the networking opportunities will be far greater. When I'm recruiting, I'll often check with the colleges to see if the tutors can recommend anyone before I advertise. Hired some real stars this way.
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Options
    Oh cazziebo, that's just given me an idea! I'm going on maternity leave in June, just as the local college CPP course will be finishing.. fab idea to approach the college for my cover! :D Thanks!
  • liney
    liney Posts: 5,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm starting a Certificate in Personnel Practise at my local college in January. It costs about £650, and i have just seen the same course with ICS for distance learning for £1400!!.

Her local college will have a website where she can look at relevant courses, and depending on her circumstances she coulds as them about goverment funding. The Open University are very good with funding, and run many business courses too - details online.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure