Accrued annual leave

Options
Please can somebody help me with this calculation. The formula is see below. Up to w/e 12th Dec, I have accrued 1.36 annual leave. I need to take my annual leave by the 31st december and I have booked to take 7 days over the festive season. Am I right to think, I am entitled to another 9 days and some hours? If the annual is not taken by the 31st it will be lost. Not very good at calculation, will be grateful if somebody can help with this? Thanks

Your accrued holiday entitlement in terms of the number of weeks due is printed on the bottom of your payslip each week. It is expressed as whole weeks and parts of a week so, if you work on average 5 days per week, 0.2 (a fifth of a week) equals 1 day, 0.4equals 2 days etc. For example, if you work on average 5 days per week, one week and 4 days is expressed as1.8. However, if for example you only work 1 day per week, then one week (1.0) would equate to 1 day

Comments

• cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Options
    Do you work a five day week? If so I'd say you're due 6 days plus some hours. (for you to be due 9 days then you would need an entitlement of 1.8 according to the text below your post. I don't think with the two working weeks remaining that you would accrue that)
  • cherry76
    Options
    Yes, I do work 5 days a week, I have got the 6 days + a few hours right. I have got another three weeks to go, therefore it is possible it could be 7 days by then, am I right? Getting 9 days, I think, I have got my decimals in the wrong place!! Thanks
  • cherry76
    Options
    I am a bit puzzled here, it says if your work 5 days a week, a fifth of a week,0.2 equals to 1 day and if I have got three weeks to work, that 0.6 equals to 3 days. Have I got this wrong? Thanks
  • liney
    liney Posts: 5,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cherry76 wrote: »
    I am a bit puzzled here, it says if your work 5 days a week, a fifth of a week,0.2 equals to 1 day and if I have got three weeks to work, that 0.6 equals to 3 days. Have I got this wrong? Thanks

You are assuming you accrue 0.2 (1 day) per week worked, which i can't imagine you do (52 days a year?). To work this out, we need to know what your yearly entitlement is.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cherry - the extract is showing how to calculate your allowance in whole weeks, not how much you are allowed. If you used this calculation you would be getting 52 days leave a year.

What is your yearly entitlement and when did you start the job?
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Understood now, have got it wrong. Started last week in March and annual leave entitlement is 24 days. Accrued leave should be about 7 days by 31st December, have I got this right now? Thanks
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,941 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If yo ustarted at the end of march then you'll have worked nine months by the end of December (three quarters of a year) , so I'd expect your total holiday allowance for this year to be three quarters of 24 days, or 18 days in total.

Presumably the accrued total on your payslip doesn't show any days you've actually taken (or booked ?)
  • Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I take it cherry and loulou are the same person?
  • Liz_the_Whizz
    Options
    Zazen999 wrote: »
    I take it cherry and loulou are the same person?

Perhaps they jobshare;) .
    "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm" (Sir Winston Churchill)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure