🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Job Application Diary ... Right Place Here?

Options
I was thinking about setting myself a job application challenge. I need to find a job from January and thought it might make interesting (or very dull) reading to create a Jobs Application/Progress Diary.

Is that right for here? Or way too dull?
Does anybody really give a t0ss if I get one, or not?

I'd set a number of applications per day and then number them and list vague details (don't want you all rushing to apply for the plum jobs I spend hours finding!) ... to see what the response to my applications really is - and to keep me focussed rather than leaving it another week all the time (which I've done for the past year).

Good or bad idea?

Comments

• briona
    briona Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    I think it could be quite interesting, both in terms of general nosiness (LOL!) and in terms of providing people with the motivation and support for their own job search.

I worry though that it might spawn hundreds of copycat diaries, rather like the debt diaries on DFW, which have made that board unreadable for me! You can't find general posts for the forest of diaries! Maybe that's just me though!

Hmmmm... have I just said yes or no?! :p
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    briona wrote: »
    I think it could be quite interesting, both in terms of general nosiness (LOL!) and in terms of providing people with the motivation and support for their own job search.

I worry though that it might spawn hundreds of copycat diaries, rather like the debt diaries on DFW, which have made that board unreadable for me! You can't find general posts for the forest of diaries! Maybe that's just me though!

Hmmmm... have I just said yes or no?! :p
    That's what I thought, it's good to be nosey!

But it could get cluttered with lots of dull diaries. Really nobody gives a t0ss except somebody in a similar situation... so I think it would be inappropriate here really wouldn't it.

I don't want to create some dull unreadable drivel ... like many others do.

:)

You've given me the answer. It's a "no" really isn't it.

Too dull and unhelpful to people here looking for specific help.

:)
  • Butterfly_Kisses
    Options
    Maybe move to discussion time.....
  • cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Options
    Pastures New

I don't think it's a bad idea - you could get feedback and support (usually!) and it might help keep other people focussed. It would also be interesting to see the hit rate of applications to interviews to offers. Sadly it seems there is a lot of job hunting going on just now.

Not sure about DT - I think DT can be quite fun, but it can also be a bit destructive and unsupportive.
  • Reds-on-Sea
    Options
    I'd read it.

I'd like to see what response rate you get, agencies compared to direct employers etc etc

What is your field?

Maybe you'll jinx your own plan and end up getting the first job you apply to! :o)
  • SomeBozo
    SomeBozo Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Options
    Does anybody really give a t0ss if I get one, or not?

I'll read it and will give help where I can.

Bozo
  • Butterfly_Kisses
    Options
    cazziebo wrote: »
    Pastures New

I don't think it's a bad idea - you could get feedback and support (usually!) and it might help keep other people focussed. It would also be interesting to see the hit rate of applications to interviews to offers. Sadly it seems there is a lot of job hunting going on just now.

Not sure about DT - I think DT can be quite fun, but it can also be a bit destructive and unsupportive.

Yes have to agree with you on that one...
    Would be interesting to read though...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family