We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Person spec for job application

Options
Would i be right in thinking that i need to include some of the words that are listed in the person spec for an application,

Comments

• tinkerbell84
    Options
    If you can without making it look like that's what you've done!

Whatever you do, don't list them ;)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you can without making it look like that's what you've done!

Whatever you do, don't list them ;)

im trying to insert the words into paragraphs without making it obvious,
  • fengirl_2
    fengirl_2 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Options
    I disagree with tinkerbell - I would always show how I meet the requirements in the person spec in the order they are given in the person spec. This makes it easier for those shortlisting to check that you have met all the criteria.

Have done loads of recruitment and someone who follows the instructions always gets an extra point!
    £705,000 raised by client groups in the past 18 mths :beer:
  • tinkerbell84
    tinkerbell84 Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    Options
    fengirl wrote: »
    I disagree with tinkerbell - I would always show how I meet the requirements in the person spec in the order they are given in the person spec. This makes it easier for those shortlisting to check that you have met all the criteria.

Have done loads of recruitment and someone who follows the instructions always gets an extra point!

I'm a professional recruiter ;)

I would agree with you if the person spec is the only criteria. If it's a competence based form though, then you'd be adding aspects of the job spec to the competence answers.

I assumed this was what OP was doing ;)
  • DCFC79
    Options
    I'm a professional recruiter ;)

I would agree with you if the person spec is the only criteria. If it's a competence based form though, then you'd be adding aspects of the job spec to the competence answers.

I assumed this was what OP was doing ;)

well what ive got is the person spec for 2 jobs, i applied for a job of the same title at the 2 companys in the summer and i didnt get a repsonse which is probably due to the fact i hadnt read the person spec. Do i need to look at the job spec,

also do i need to give examples of when ive used communication via written form
  • DCFC79
    Options
    Sorry but im bumping this, i think im right but i need clarification
  • poker_face
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    well what ive got is the person spec for 2 jobs, i applied for a job of the same title at the 2 companys in the summer and i didnt get a repsonse which is probably due to the fact i hadnt read the person spec. Do i need to look at the job spec,

also do i need to give examples of when ive used communication via written form

Sorry but im bumping this, i think im right but i need clarification

Sorry, what is your question?
    |Credit Card Debt Free|I'll bring you flowers in the pouring rain|
    :money:
  • DCFC79
    Options
    "
    poker_face wrote: »
    Sorry, what is your question?

right ive got a person spec for a job, would i read the person spec and for example " [FONT=&quot]Communicating effectively in writing" is on the spec so would i say how i can communicate with others in written format[/FONT]
  • MsChazzer
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    "

right ive got a person spec for a job, would i read the person spec and for example " [FONT=&quot]Communicating effectively in writing" is on the spec so would i say how i can communicate with others in written format[/FONT]

Give examples of when you have done this, your application form itself should show this too but I'd put in things like communicating by letter, report writing etc, well, whatever experience you have in this really!
    Got married 23rd May 2009, many thanks to all on the Weddings and Anniversaries board for their help and support!
  • DCFC79
    Options
    MsChazzer wrote: »
    Give examples of when you have done this, your application form itself should show this too but I'd put in things like communicating by letter, report writing etc, well, whatever experience you have in this really!

thats what ive done but would i include the words communicating in writing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport