We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
New VAT rate on Cruises
legless
Posts: 48 Forumite
in Cutting tax
I booked a cruise for next year and paid a deposit. Now that VAT has dropped by 2.5% I asked the Cruise Club I booked the cruise with if it will affect the balance when I pay next year and they have told me you do not pay VAT on a cruise if it sails out of Southampton and back again. Anybody know if they are telling me the truth or to they want to keep the money for them self’s?
0
Comments
-
No VAT on cruises out of the UK waters.0
-
Sorry to hijack your thread legless !! I am crusing in March out of Barbados, have I paid VAT then?0
-
No VAT on cruises that cruise out of (outside) UK waters.
Ask yourself the question, "Have I ever paid VAT on a foreign holiday?"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards