Good Mortgage calculator required

Options
Hi Folks:hello:

My banks mortgage calcultor has changed from a fantastic tool, to a very basic one.

I'm looking for one which will allow a split capital and interest and interest only, also one where I can play with overpayments options.

What are you favorite calculators, I've seen a few online but don't seem to be exactly what I'm looking for.

I've been lurking over MFW threads for a while and have managed to OP our mortgage by £2000 this year and would love to clear our mortgage by 2021(8 yrs early), which would have been the end date of our first mortgage on our first home. We moved in 2004 to bigger family home following DD birth, increasing our mortgage and decided to increase the term to 25 yrs:eek: so I could work part time, with the intention of reducing our term by taking advantage of the flexible features .
Sealed pot challenge no 582

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Hi FFP - welcome to MFW! There is a thread at the top of this board with lots of mortgage calculators linked to it - if I remember rightly the egg one has an option for part and part interest only & repayment. Might be worth a look?

Looks from what you've said like you're doing well already - so congratulations on that. 8 years early would be a brilliant achievement!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • financialbliss
    Options
    Hi FFP,

I see EssexHebridean has just replied, but I'd previously noticed that this post had gone unanswered for a while.

In my diary
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=14965035&postcount=534
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=14966029&postcount=536

are two posts hopefully describing how to create your own mortgage analysis spreadsheet. May not be quite what you want, but you can adjust the mortgage rate on a monthly basis, and also payments and overpayments.

May be worth a look...

Financial Bliss.
    Mortgage and debt free. Building up savings...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure