New Version of SOA Calculator Live

Options
A new version of the SOA Calculator has gone live. You can access it at its normal address here.

What's new?

To make the copy and paste of the SOA more fool-proof, I have automated as much of the process as I can and have provided more help too.
  1. The Format for MSE output has been redesigned to make it crystal clear what needs to be copied. Furthermore, there is a new button called "Highlight Text" which will automatically select the complete SOA with all its formatting tags so that nothing gets missed.
  2. A clear list of instructions walks the user how they copy and paste the SOA into a post on MSE DFW.
  3. And as if that wasn't enough, after you have selected and copied your text, you can even click on a link that will open up a brand new post on the DFW board ready for you to paste the SOA into.
One additional small enhancement is aimed at making it easier to copy and paste the Format for Print output into a spreadsheet.
  1. I have moved the SOA commentary from the middle of the Format for Print page to the bottom of the page, so that you can select all the tabular stuff together if you want to paste it into a spreadsheet. It also makes it easier for you to leave off the commentary if you want to share the SOA with an advisor via email or print etc.
If there any problems, please shout out.

Clariman
Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Thanks Clariman. :)

For the regulars here:
    • The link to the SOA calculator remains the same.
    • I have re-stickied SS's thread Help for First Time Posters & SOA Calculator.
    • I have made the link to the SOA calculator more prominent in that sticky.
    • Added reference to the calculator to the title of the thread.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all the work on the SOA calculator - it's the first step in helping so many worried people realise what they need to do next :)
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks fermi.

There will be more updates to follow, when I get the time to do them. Glad to have the first few done. Hope you all like these changes.

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, should be much easier for people now. Great tool.
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just bumping up for weekday early birds
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure