Local Government Pension Scheme - Death in Service

Hi,

Just trying to find out what the death in service payments are for lgps members? Is this the same nationally or does it depend on the lgps?

Just trying to ensure we've enough life cover!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It's the same nationally.
    http://www.lgps.org.uk/lge/core/page.do?pageId=102470
    3 years pay & a survivors pension of 1/160th final salary x years of service if you'd lived to 65 (ie 1/2 of the pension you'd of got if you'd lived)

" Just trying to ensure we've enough life cover!" you don't convince me, you're thinking of bumping off your bloke aren't you :-)
  • " Just trying to ensure we've enough life cover!" you don't convince me, you're thinking of bumping off your bloke aren't you :-)[/quote]

Thanks - It's me who works for Local Gov so bumping him off would be no good!
  • This happened to my younger daughter, just coming up to 6 years ago at end of year.

She'd only worked for Notts CC for 6 weeks but IIRC her widower got 3 months of her full salary (she joined LGPS on day one of starting job).

Now my eldest GD works for Kirklees and she too joined LGPS on day one.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport