Need a cheap elf costume

Options
I have been roped into dressing up as an elf for something so I am looking for a very cheap costume :P

Does anyone have any idea where I would go to buy such a thing? I would imagine that local shops would be way too expensive.

Comments

• rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in the process of making one for my son but you could adapt it for you.

I bought a long sleeved green t-shirt, red shorts, red & white stripy tights and a santa hat, some felt and bells.

i cut triangles out of red felt and stitched then to the collar of the t-shirt, added bells to the end and cut triangles out of the sleeves, roughed up the bottom of the shorts, cut the pom pom off the santa hat an fitted a sleigh bell and covered the white band with green felt triangles.

Added some yellow felt 'circles' to the front of the top to look like buttons and stitched them on.

I haven't quite finished it yet still to do most of whats described above but can post a pic if you need a bit of help picturing it...? Might work out cheaper than buying one and it wont take long to do, its only taken me an hour so far and i've finished the top, just shorts and hat to do.
  • TimRogers
    Options
    DIY is an option if I don't have any luck finding anything :) Where did you get the shorts and tights from? That's gonna be the biggest problem as far as I am concerned.
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got my sons from H & M but ebay have adult ones red shorts were what he had from summer but im sure you'll be able to sorce some..ebay again or charlty shop...maybe the sales??

here's his top so you get the jist

nn263.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family