We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mortgage fix now?

Options
With the interest rates going down and having a tracker rate with no get out payment, is it worth me changing to a fixed rate mortgage asap, or should I give it another six months or so, to cash in on any more potential interest rate cuts. Is anyone giving good deals on fixed rate mortgages?

Comments

• koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    Options
    goolag wrote: »
    Is anyone giving good deals on fixed rate mortgages?

Not really. Northern Rock have a 3.99% one year fixed, but I've just been tipped off that will be withdrawn shortly.
    Rest of the fixed rates on offer are usually higher than variable, so with rates predicted to fall further, don't make a lot of sense.
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Do we really need yet another thread on the same subject?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure