🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Halifax SVR?

Options
Just a quick question. I've just finished on a capped rate with Halifax and had a letter to say I'm now on the SVR of 5%.

Is this the SVR after both of the interest cuts ie the half percent and then the subsequent 1.5% or is it likely that the 1.5% hasn't come off yet?

I've looked at their website but to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• beecher
    beecher Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, it is after both interest cuts. It was 7% beforehand.
  • pigeonpie
    pigeonpie Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the same Halifax boat as you with a fixed deal ending 1 Jan. My original mortgage contract says that when the fixed deal is up I would revert to their SVR but they can't charge more than 2% more than the BoE base rate unless they give 30 days notice. Has your contract got the same (looks standard) provision? So check with Halifax if interest rates go lower and you stay on their SVR whether they would pass that on to you or not - if you can get them to give you a straight answer. Did you contact them directly to ask them what the best deal they could offer you was now?
    Do you know btw (sorry to mini hijack thread) if you stay on their SVR and decide to leave for a better offer, do they charge you a fee?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport