🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

On a Tracker? - How low do you reckon your rate with go?

Options
Currently on a 2yr tracker with Nationwide at 0.07% below base rate. With rates expected to go down again next month I should get down to 2.68% which is the lowest it will go at its got a 2.75% BR limit

In theory if rates keep going down there will be people around paying 2%, 1% or even less! Anyone in that situation?

Comments

• baggies666
    Options
    I have 0.34% above base rate but only for another 13 months, no lower limit on mine
    May 2009 Debt-Free Wannabe

Mortgage £128,170.66
    DEBT1 [strike]£23,711[/strike]-[STRIKE]£15,711[/STRIKE] £5500
  • Gorgeous_George
    Options
    I think we'll hit BofE base rate of 1% early next year.

My Britannia offset tracker is BofE +0.74% and my NatWest BTL is BofE +0.89%. I don't know if either of them have collars and don't care enough to start digging through the files.

The offset savings will have to find a new home. Possibly fix for a year.

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • greytroot
    Options
    i got -0.51% BoE rate with Chelsea last year for 2 years then +1.79%. thought the costs 2250 were a bit high but calculated that the discount was about that cost. was worried about rate rising now just happy to be one up for a change.

I have checked all my paperwork and fee although it doesnt say there is a bottom rate
    You cant take the trousers off an elephant!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport